Our governance is inextricably linked to our leadership. At Urban 4site we uphold the timeless values of ethics, integrity and transparency. We are constantly on the look out for new growth opportunities whilst remaining a socially responsible, ethics -based organisation.
Responsible leaders direct company strategies and operations with a view to achieving sustainable economic, social and environmental performance.
Urban 4site holds a robust view with regards to governance, with our Board of Director’s main objective being the providing of leadership that is transparent and accountable towards the organisation’s stakeholders. Our methodology of governance extends further to ensure that there is alignment of the interests of the organisation, key stakeholders, and society at large.
The key aspects of our governance methodology include:
- The creation and continuous monitoring of a system of checks and balances to ensure a balanced exercise of power within the organisation.
- The implementation of a system that ensures compliance by the organisation with regards to its legal and regulatory obligations.
- Sustainability, and the implementation of a process whereby risks to the sustainability of Urban 4site are identified and managed within agreed parameters.
- The development of practices which make and keep our organisation accountable to the broader society in which we operate.
- Strategy, risk, performance management and sustainability have become inseparable concepts with regards to ensuring the sustainable performance of organisations. As a result, such themes as: inclusivity of stakeholders; Innovation; Fairness; Collaboration; and Social transformation have evolved (particularly within the South African context where the redress of apartheid is a focal point).
Urban 4site’s governance framework is founded on the Code of Governance Principles for South Africa, 2016 (also known as King IV).